It was last year when Nokia Asha 501 received the first software update updating the OS to version 11.1.1 and brought the most desired instant messaging app, WhatsApp to the handset and many new features. Well, the Asha 501 software update has arrived once again, updating the Asha OS to v14.0.4. The latest Nokia Asha 501 software update not only brings new features to the handset, but also enables the restricted features such as customize wallpaper for home screen.
The updated feature includes the two new camera modes: Panorama mode (take pictures my moving your phone) and Self portrait mode (face the camera and follow the instruction you hear), a new Power Saver option that lets users check the battery status and if set automatic, then it automatically turns on when the battery falls below a certain level.
Other features includes the Smart dual SIM that lets user forward calls between your SIMs when one SIM is found to be busy (Charges apply), Choose the level of detail on your lock screen notification and also control who can use your apps with a restrictions mode. However, there is no update for the Nokia MixRadio (may be restricted to certain regions), but there is change in user interface of the music player. The complete change log includes:
- New Camera Modes: Panorama and Self portrait mode
- Customize Wallpaper for Home Screen
- Power Saving option
- Smart Dual SIM
- Choose lock screen notification modes (Full/ Sender Only/ Icon Only)
- Apps restrictions option with password
- New UI for Music player
- Other Bug fixes and performance improvement
So, if you are an Asha 501 user and you have not yet received the update, then head over to Settings-> Phone Update-> Check for update. The latest version 14.0.4 size is 7.1 MB. If you find any issue after receiving the update, then just leave in the comments below. Stay tuned for more updates.
Latest posts by Aseem Girkar (see all)
- Google Adiantum Is An Encryption For Low-end Smart Devices - February 11, 2019
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Mobile Chipset - February 10, 2019
- How To Start Your Own Blog In Simplest Way - November 11, 2018